The most precise nozzle control system, Hawkeye® 2 ensures accurate droplet coverage up to 2.5 times more accurate out of the tip than comparable systems. It provides consistency across the boom which ensures precise droplet coverage, optimizing input costs. And Raven’s legacy of performance and support means less downtime and more acres covered in a day.
The next generation nozzle control valve (NCV) builds upon the previous system: individual nozzle control reduces skips and overlaps; consistent droplet rate and size reduces drift and increases application quality; and turn compensation minimizes over and under application, achieving the ideal application rate across the boom.
Control Weeds Next Season with Consistent Spray Pattern
Using optimized spray control systems gives applicators more accurate droplet size and coverage and more precise and consistent spray patterns, helping to achieve the ideal application rate for maximum weed control.
Hawkeye 2’s scalable platform sets up your operation for years of success
- Base Package
- Turn Compensation
- Blockage Detection (go/no-go)
- PWM enabled with 16 virtual sections
- Premium Package
- Individual nozzle control up to 192 sections when paired with compatible field computer
Features & Benefits
- Over 17% increased flow per nozzle - (in comparison to Hawkeye 1)
- Support up to 192 nozzles
- Over 60% reduction of power consumption per nozzle IP69k rating per NCV
- Increased operating pressure of 10 to 120 psi
- Optional severe duty poppets for harsh chemical use
- Enhanced diagnostics
- Independent feedback loop to RCM
- Simplified LED light on NCV lets you know when there’s an issue
- Blockage Detection per nozzle
- Exclusive cabling improves performance
- Increased durability, power reduction, diagnostic abilities
- Over-molded connection provides UV protection and strain relief
250% More Accurate than Competitors
This graph shows the nozzle consistency across the boom with Hawkeye® 2 and two competitor solutions. The larger the spread of the data points, the more inconsistent the application is. The application completed by Hawkeye® 2 was up to 250% more accurate than its competitors.
Expected results and performance based on competitive system as performed on intended OEM machines. Results may vary based on pump size, machine plumbing, nozzle spacing, product specifications, etc.
Modes of Operation
- Standard mode of operation
- User enters both target pressure and target flow rates
- Main product pump controls to the target pressure and the nozzles control to the target flow rate
VP (Variable Pressure)
- Similar to Standard Mode but user does not enter a target pressure
- Target pressure calculated based off of target duty cycle
- System control priority is target flow, then target nozzle duty cycle
- Allows for a wider range of operating flows where the operational pressure is not a priority, i.e. fertilizer application
- Simultaneously run both a conventional nozzle and a standard nozzle
- User enters target pressure and target flow rate
- Similar to Standard Mode except flow rates are higher since there are two nozzles running in parallel
- Individual nozzle control not available in this mode
- Traditional conventional based flow-control where NCVs must be bypassed
- Pump speed adjusted to meet target flow
- Similar to Bypass Mode except nozzles are open to 100%
- Nozzles can be used without having to open a manual bypass valve
- Provides added benefit of individual nozzle control while using air induction tips
- Turn compensation not available in this mode
What users are saying
"After running Hawkeye 2 for a season, I’m 100% convinced it was the right way to go. We mapped and sprayed across every waterway – the individual nozzle control worked great. Our usage of chemical was down as well as productivity increased a lot."
Operator, Weldon, IA