Raven’s latest advancement in boom control is AutoBoom XRT. Industry-leading radar sensor technology uses simultaneous ground and canopy detection to maintain optimal spray height for maximum product efficacy.
Pressure-based control allows for smooth movement and quicker reaction time while center rack stability technology with optional dampers gives the operator complete control, maximizing boom life.
Features & Benefits
- Full boom management solution maintains optimal spray height for maximum product efficacy
- Radar sensor technology
- Simultaneous ground and canopy detection
- Enables a larger maximum distance measurement, not affected by temperature or spray drift
- Five non-contact sensors come standard with the option of adding an additional two sensors
- Center rack stability technology with optional dampers
- Pressure-based for smooth movement and quicker reaction time
- Machine chassis roll sensing
- Complete control maximizes boom life
- Faster Sampling and Update Rates than standard ISO AutoBoom
- ISOBUS compatible
Why is boom height important?
Having the boom too high can lead to spray drift.
Having the boom too low can lead to crop damage.
Running the boom into the ground can lead to equipment damage resulting in costly repairs and machine downtime.
We tested the AutoBoom XRT against our legacy boom leveling system on a Patriot 4440 and an Apache 1240 sprayer. Both machines were model year 2019 and had 120-foot booms. The tests were conducted on three different types of terrain and proved that the XRT system is superior in boom height leveling at varying speeds and terrains.
Download the following datasheets (PDF) for full results.
Both systems were tested at 10 mph and 20 mph over flat ground.
Both systems were tested at 10 mph and 20 mph over a waterway.
Both systems were tested at varying speeds over terraced ground.
Patriot 4440 Datasheet
Both systems were tested at 4, 8, and 10 mph.
Apache 1240 Datasheet
The legacy system was not tested at 8 and 10 mph due to conditions that would otherwise damage the boom.